REMINDER Join UWOSA for our Annual Winter Luncheon
You are invited: Annual UWOSA Winter Luncheon (formerly known as Valentine’s Day Lunch)
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Time: Noon to 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Great Hall, Somerville House
How to Pick up Your Ticket:
Please pick up your ticket in the UWOSA office, UCC room 255 from:
Noon – 2:00 p.m. on Friday February 8, 2019 OR
Noon to 2:00 p.m. on Monday, February 11, 2019
Please bring your Western ONECard with you.
If you are unable to pick up your ticket, please email your Area Steward for assistance.
Dietary Requirements: If you have any special dietary needs (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, allergies, etc.), please email email@example.com by February 8th with the subject “UWOSA Lunch” and which seating you plan to attend (Noon to 1 p.m. or 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.).
Winter Luncheon Menu:
Salad: Market greens with two types of dressing; rolls and butter
Entrée: Lasagna (beef or vegetarian)
Dessert: White & Chocolate Cupcakes with Blue or White Icing Topped with Sprinkles
Drinks: Fire Roasted Fair Trade Coffee (regular and decaf), tea, fruit punch
UWOSA Charity: UWOSA will collect items and monetary donations for Ronald McDonald House (https://www.rmhc-swo.ca/). Some wish list items include:
- Breakfast Items: Full Sized Cereal Boxes, Jam, Peanut Butter, Cheese Whiz, Coffee Sweetener
- Packaged Snacks: Granola Bars, Fruit Cups, Applesauce, Go-Go Squeeze, Microwave Popcorn
- Kitchen Staples: Parchment Paper, Tin Foil, Saran Wrap, Scouring Pads, Liquid Dish Soap, Ziploc Bags (Medium and Large)
- Baking Supplies: Sugar, Parchment Paper, Maple Syrup, White Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Rolled Oats
- Bottled Water and Hot Chocolate (Individual Portions/Packs)
- Packaged Meal Items: KD Cups, Mr. Noodle Soup Bowls, Cup-of-Soup, Tuna
- Lip Balm
- Pens & Smaller Sized Notebooks
- Adult Colouring/Sudoku/Crossword Activity Books
- Toys for 1-3-year-olds
- Toys for 12-16-year-olds
Members are welcome to bring their donations with then when they come to pick-up their ticket, or they can bring it to the luncheon, or drop it off at the UWOSA Office in UCC 255.
We look forward to seeing you there!
UWOSA Annual Luncheon FAQs:
1. Q: I took a ticket for lunch, but now I cannot go. What do I do with my ticket?
A: Please contact Jen Heidenheim at firstname.lastname@example.org and then return your ticket to the UWOSA office, Room 255 UCC.
2. Q: I work at Victoria Hospital. How can I pick up my ticket?
A: Please contact Mia Valastro in the UWOSA office at 519.661.3028 for further instructions.
3. Q: I am not a Steward. Can I still pick up tickets for my department?
A: Yes, you can. Please bring a list of members in alphabetical order (by last name) to one of the Ticket Distribution dates above.
4. Q: I have a special dietary requirement. Can I send this to UWOSA?
A: Please send all dietary requirements directly to Great Hall Catering by February 8, 2019.
5. Q: I am very new to UWOSA. Can I still come to the luncheon?
A: Yes, you can. Please contact Mia at the UWOSA office at ext.85089 for assistance.
6. Q: I am on a paid leave. May I still come to the luncheon?
A: Yes, you can. Please contact Mia in the UWOSA office at ext. 85089 for assistance.
7. Q: I will not be on campus during the ticket distribution. What do I do?
A: Contact Mia in the UWOSA office at ext. 85089 for assistance.
8. Q: I have retired from Western. Can I come to the luncheon?
A: No, I am sorry, you cannot. The luncheon is only for active UWOSA members.
9. Q: I am on secondment from UWOSA, can I attend the lunch?
A: It depends, please call Mia Valastro in the UWOSA Office at 519.661.3028 for assistance.