Dear Fellow UWOSA Member,
As per our Constitution and Bylaws, 6.2.1, the Negotiations Committee is responsible for:
- Collecting information at local, Provincial and Federal levels pertinent to University salaries and benefits;
- Meeting on a regular basis to develop policy positions on terms and conditions of employment which may serve as draft clauses for contract negotiations;
- Gathering information from members regarding issues pertinent to contract negotiations;
- Preparing a salary/benefit brief
- Choosing a team to negotiate changes to the collective agreement at the bargaining table. (Members of the team shall be drawn from the committee and approved by the Stewards Council)
The Negotiations Committee may comprise of the following members:
- The President, Vice President and Chief Steward
- two (2) full-time Continuing or Sessional members at large
- one (1) member at large from a grant funded position in the technical job classification
- one (1) member from a non-standard work week position, (i.e., police communication dispatcher, residence clerk, driver, library assistant, etc.)
- one (1) Term member
If you are interested, please complete the self nomination form (located on our website (www.uwosa.ca), Members, Negotiations Update, Negotiations Committee, and email to Tiffany Trudgeon at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 14, 2020, 4:00 p.m.
If you require assistance or have further questions, please email the UWOSA office at email@example.com.