Dear Fellow UWOSA Member,
Our current collective agreement expires next summer (June 30, 2024), so it’s time to start getting ready for our next round of negotiations, and we need you! Do you want higher wages, better benefits, and to protect, preserve and enhance the other articles in our collective agreement? Then join the Negotiations Committee!!
As per our Constitution and Bylaws, Bylaw 6.2.1, the Negotiations Committee is responsible for:
- Collecting information at local, provincial and federal levels pertinent to university salaries and benefits;
- Meeting on a regular basis to develop policy positions on terms and conditions of employment which may serve as draft clauses for contract negotiations;
- Gathering information from members regarding issues pertinent to contract negotiations;
- Preparing a salary/benefit brief;
- Choosing a team to negotiate changes to the collective agreement at the bargaining table. Members of the team shall be drawn from the committee and approved by the Stewards Council.
The Negotiations Committee may be comprised of the following members:
- The President, Vice President and Chief Steward
- two (2) full-time Continuing or Sessional members at large
- one (1) member at large from a grant funded position in the technical job classification
- one (1) member from a non-standard work week position (i.e., police communication dispatcher, residence clerk, driver, library assistant, etc.)
- one (1) Term member
If you are interested, please complete the self nomination form and email it to Jen Heidenheim at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
To download the Nomination Form:
- Log in to the UWOSA website (www.uwosa.ca)
- Go to the Members tab on the top menu
- Click on 2023-24 Negotiations Update
- Scroll down to the Negotiations Committee, and click the “Click here to download the 2023-24 Negotations Committee Nomination Form” link
If you require assistance or have further questions, please email the UWOSA office at email@example.com.