Link and Waiting Room open at 11:30 am*
Land Acknowledgement Statement
1. Approval of the Agenda
2. Approval of the Minutes: General Meeting held December 15, 2021**
3. Business Arising out of the Minutes
4. President’s Report
5. Report of the Treasurer
- Approval of the 2022-2023 Fiscal Year Budget and Appointment of Auditor***
6. Report of Other Officers
7. Reports of Standing Committees
8. Reports of Special Committees
9. Any Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings
10. New Business
* The Zoom link will open at 11:30 am for sign in to begin. Please note you will be placed into a waiting room upon arrival. Please ensure your Zoom display name is identical to your name on your Western ONEcard. This is required for attendance and to gain admittance to the meeting. Please anticipate the meeting to begin at or shortly after 12:00 pm once we have all members signed into the platform. Thanks in advance for your patience.
As per Article 7.07 of the Collective Agreement, You are entitled to 2 hours away from work (including your regularly scheduled meal period) without loss of pay to attend this meeting.
** General Meeting minutes are posted on the UWOSA website under General Meetings.
***In accordance with Bylaw 12.3.1, the fiscal budget for 2022-2023 has been prepared and will be presented to the membership at the annual general membership meeting for final approval.
The proposed budget and budget justification will be available to members to view in the UWOSA office (255 UCC) 7 business days prior to the meeting. Please email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Please review the videoconference policy before the meeting: Video Conference Meeting Policy (September 2020) (uwosa.ca). Please note – those in breach of the policy will be respectfully removed from the meeting.
If you have any questions regarding the Video Conference Meeting Policy, or access to the meeting due to limitations of computer access if you are working on campus, it is really important for you to please reach out to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org at least three business days before the meeting so we can provide supports and/or any necessary accommodations.
If you are new to UWOSA and/or new to the Zoom online meeting platform, please review the Helpful Zoom Instructions.
ZOOM MEETING DETAILS:
Please note the following important information to gain access to the meeting.
- You will be placed into a waiting room upon arrival.
- Please ensure your display name for your Zoom account is identical to your first and last name on your Western One card. You may be asked to show your card to ensure identification, so please have it ready. If there is more than one UWOSA member in the room, using physical distancing, please be sure each person shows their WesternOne card to be counted towards meeting attendance for quorum.
- The video must remain on throughout the meeting. If you have limited access to a computer and are working on campus, it is really important for you to reach out to the office at email@example.com at least three business days in advance of the meeting, so that we can provide supports and/or any necessary accommodations.
- All participants are requested to remain muted during the meeting to decrease background noise.
- If you have any questions or comments during the meeting, please wait until the Speaker calls for questions, raise your Zoom hand, and wait to be called on. When you have been acknowledged by the Speaker you may unmute yourself and ask your question. Please ask only one question to ensure all meeting participants have a chance to speak. If you have a second or follow up question, please re-raise your Zoom hand and wait to be called on.
- If you have a question or a comment to not related to items on the AGM agenda, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seconding motions: if the Chair requests a seconder to a motion, please raise your Zoom hand
- Voting: If you are in favour of the motion, you do not need to do anything. If you oppose the motion, please raise your Zoom hand when the Speaker asks how many are opposed. If you wish to abstain from voting on the motion, please raise your Zoom hand when the Speaker asks for abstentions.
LINK TO JOIN ZOOM MEETING
Topic: UWOSA Annual General Meeting
Time: Apr 20, 2022 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 857 2863 9001