Have you ever been asked to demonstrate your computer skills as part of the interview process? Then you are probably familiar with ProveIt software. Western’s Human Resources unit has notified UWOSA that IBM Assess (formerly ProveIt) will end its Talent Assessment services effective November 13, 2020. Following an RFP process, they have successfully identified a new provider, eSkill.
There are a few changes that users will see with eSkill vs. IBM:
- Live, 24/7 support will now be available for test takers
- Tests are now screen-reader accessible for candidates with disabilities
- During the test, candidates will be able to skip questions or return to previous questions
- Most assessments will be combined into one link, as opposed to separate tests for each skill
- Shortcuts (e.g. CTRL-C) will now be accepted (IBM did not allow these – a source of frustration for many users)
Tutorials are available if you would like to try out the new software – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a link to the tutorial.