Dear Fellow UWOSA Members,
* COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY UPDATE *
On September 9, 2022 UWOSA filed a policy grievance under Article 8 of our Collective Agreement to support our membership against Western’s amended COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, MAPP Policy 3.1.1.
Thank you to all our members who have reached out for an update regarding UWOSA’s Policy Grievance. Thank you for your patience while we continue to work through this process.
As you will have received via email communication on Tuesday, November 29, 2022, Western has announced that effective immediately they are revoking their vaccination policy and will no longer require students, employees, and visitors to be vaccinated to come to campus. Masks will still be required in instructional spaces in the winter term after the December break.
Western’s Administration is strongly encouraging everyone to remain up to date on their vaccinations. In addition:
- Staff Faculty Health is accessible,
- Campus remains mask friendly and masks are available at most building entrances,
- Complimentary COVID-19 rapid tests are available at Staff Faculty Health
Please remember, UWOSA is here to advocate for all of us. We want to ensure you are supported and your rights are upheld. To be very clear:
- UWOSA fully supports a safe and healthy workplace
- UWOSA, in accordance with public health guidelines, encourages vaccinations and masking
- UWOSA fully supports reasonable policies that are equitably applied to our entire campus community, including any ‘visitor’
- UWOSA fully supports a community where everyone feels supported and included
We appreciate that everyone has unique personal circumstances and perspectives regarding this topic. If you have any concerns relating to this update and how it impacts you personally, please reach out to us at email@example.com so we can provide options and supports.
Due to the increase of emails and phone calls received, there may be a delay in our response. This includes any further questions, comments, or feedback you wish to share with the Executive committee.
We gently remind you of the supports and resources currently available: family physician, Employee Well-Being, Living Well at Western, and the Employee and Family Assistance Program (Life Works (formerly Morneau Sheppel) 24/7: 1-855-597-2105 or login.lifeworks.com or the Lifeworks App).
UWOSA Executive Committee
(Nikki Grozelle, Jen Heidenheim, Meg Perinpanayagam, Lori Johnson, Natalie Samuel, Cleusa De Oliveira and Emericks Rivas)